Today's post will be self-serving. Just saying.
When a publishing house is promoting a new book, one of the big things they do is a blog tour. Every house has a network of bloggers who agree to write up a review of a book in exchange for a free copy. They hope, of course, these reviews will be positive, but the understanding is that the blogger will be honest.
And here's where we move into the totally self-serving part of the post.
My third book, So Over It, releases July 1st. Revell, my publishing house, asked if I wanted to organize a "teen" blog tour. Here's how it looks:
1. You send me an e-mail and say "Sign me up."
2. In June or early July, my publishing house sends you a free copy of any of the three Reinvention of Skylar Hoyt books. Your choice.
3. You read the book. Preferably this summer.
4. You do something that in the biz we call "influencing." If you have a blog, you write an honest review and post it. If you don't have a blog, you can post a little something on your Facebook page. You could also write a review on Amazon.com, share your copy with friends, or put in a request for your public library to order a copy. You can do as much or as little as you like.
5. You send me an e-mail telling me what you did. I then enter you to win a free copy of one of the other Skylar books (if you don't already have them all), or we work out something else of equal value.
And, big apologies to my darling readers in New Zealand and Australia, but this is only open to US residents. I know. I'm sorry.
Um, and since I'm already doing a little commercial for myself, I'll go ahead and mention another way to win a free copy of So Over It, which is to sign up for my newsletter. Receiving my newsletter automatically enters you to win one of five free signed copies every time I release a book. And it's not limited to US residents.
Okay, Skylar Hoyt and Stephanie Morrill plug officially over.
Hope everyone has a fabulous Memorial Day weekend. And a safe one. (I'm a mom - it's mandatory that I tack that on.)
See you all back here on Tuesday!