Monday, November 22, 2010

Why I've been less than stellar about returning e-mails


Of course, as soon as I started ripping apart my office, unexpected stuff came up with the project I'm working on, and I received an unusual amount of e-mails from you guys. I'm so sorry that I haven't been as responsive as I normally am.

My office is finally back in working order, and I'm doing my best to clean out e-mail and maybe even tweet now and then. Seriously. My Twitter account practically has cobwebs.

So, just for fun, here's some before and after pictures of my office.

Now, there was nothing really wrong with my office beforehand. The previous owner had painted in a fine shade of blue, all necessary items fit, and most importantly, it came with one of these:



But now, thanks to my family who bought me "boring" birthday gifts like a gallon of paint, my office is a thing of beauty. It's my favorite room in the house now.

So. Original view from the door:


View from the door now:

The original "big wall":

The big wall now:


The original shelving system:

The infinitely better system, courtesy of my husband and in-laws:

Thus far all my time in here has been spent organizing and responding to e-mails that simply cannot be put off, so I don't know how productive I actually am in here. But I do know that I look darn impressive with shelves full of books behind me.

8 comments:

  1. Love it! I can't wait until I have my own office to fill with books and decorate to my likings. =)

    Tessa
    www.christiswrite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your office looks awesome!! Love it!

    - Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks awesome! If it inspires you to work even harder, I've got a 1/2 finished manuscript I could send you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I LOVE it! Room makeovers are the best!! Your office looks amazing.:D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, guys!

    Jenny, did you spot your books on the second highest shelf? :) And send that manuscript on over. I'd love a sneak peek...

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks awesome:D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the color and the shelving unit, and the way the desk faces now...but my favorite is THE DOOR!

    Sometimes I wish my office had a door.

    ReplyDelete

Disagreement is welcome. Rudeness is not. Please be considerate of each other!