Thursday, December 2, 2010

Changes to Go Teen Writers

Good morning my lovely fellow writers.

In 2011, there will be some changes to Go Teen Writers that I want to make you all aware of.

For starters, I currently post here on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Starting in 2011, I'll post on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Which means we'll start the Write Now program (which is what I'm calling the write-your-book-in-2011, step by step posts I'll be doing) on Monday, January 3rd. I spent a lot of last Tuesday mapping out the curriculum and I'm getting sooooooooo excited.

On January 3rd, however, you won't find a traditional post. Instead you'll find a writing prompt. Every other Monday, I'll be posting a prompt for you guys. You then write the next 100 words and e-mail them to me. I will pass them on to a rotating panel of judges, comprised of published authors, and they will vote on the best one. We'll keep a running list of winners up on the blog, and there will be prize packs at the end of the year for the top 3 winners. Even for the Aussies and Kiwis who frequent Go Teen Writers.

What won't change in 2011 is that you're always free to e-mail me with your writing questions. Have a great weekend everybody!


9 comments:

  1. This sounds so awesome! I'm getting really excited, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun twist! Can non-teens be in the contest???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! That is SO cool! I cannot wait!
    Haha, are you going to post from 5:30-6pm? Baby-Sitters Club meeting days, BSC hours:P

    ReplyDelete
  4. *Jaw Drop* O.M.Gosh.

    This is too exciting! And I thought November was long...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so looking forward to this. so far i haven't even gotten anywhere near half way through a book, they always seem to disappear after a couple of chapters. i think this time could be different:)
    Stephanie, your a genius.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that's so not true. I once told my husband there were 356 days in a year. And asked him, "What day's Thanksgiving on this year?" All my stupidest moments happen in front of him. Which so isn't fair since he's a trained rocket scientist.

    ReplyDelete

Disagreement is welcome. Rudeness is not. Please be considerate of each other!