Monday, January 31, 2011

This week's prompt - The moment I stepped off the bus...




The moment I stepped off the bus, I thought,

That's our writing prompt for this round.

Again, think of this as the opening line of a novel. Your job is to write the next 100 words as if they're the opening paragraph. It's not a short story, it's the next 100 words. And he prompt sentence never counts toward your word count.

After you've written your 100 words, please e-mail them to me. Make sure to include your full name and e-mail address. Send me your prompt by Monday, February 7th at 11:59 pm Kansas City time.

For a longer explanation and a list of answered questions, click here.

This rounds judges are:

Julie Garmon is a Southern author who’s not afraid to write real-life dirt, always with a nugget of redemption tucked in the corner. She’s been a regular contributor to Daily Guideposts since 2003, and writes on assignment for Guideposts magazine. She’s published with Sweet 16, PLUS, Angels on Earth, Homelife, Today’s Christian, Today’s Christian Woman,www.sober24.com, www.crosswalk.com, and www.urbanministries.com. Julie won a coveted spot to the Guideposts’ writers contest in 2004, and was chosen to attend subsequent Guideposts’ workshops based on winning entries. She blogs weekly along with her mother for Guideposts at Woman-to-Woman here http://www.guideposts.org/blogs/woman-woman-6 and for Girls, God, Goodlife here http://girlsgodgoodlife.blogspot.com/.

Roseanna M. White, author of A Stray Drop of Blood, makes her home in the mountains of Western Maryland with her husband, two small children, and the colony of dust bunnies living under her couch. Her second biblical fiction, Jewel of Persia, just released. After graduating from St. John’s College in Annapolis, MD, she and her husband founded the Christian Review of Books, where she is the editor. She is a member of ACFW, HisWriters, and HEWN Marketing.



Deborah Anderson is a freelance writer and aspiring novelist. She has written for Focus on the Family, Chicken Soup for the Soul, and published in numerous other publications. Deborah is also a monthly columnist for Christian Fiction Online Magazine. Married 29 years, Deborah and her husband enjoy country living in the Midwest. She also spends her time rescuing cats, reading novels, and taking nature walks. She is working on her first novel.

8 comments:

  1. Whn are you going to list the winners from the last prompt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully late tonight, but it'll likely be tomorrow. I'm compiling results from two judges now and still waiting on one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great prompt! Do you think of them yourself, Steph, or have a book or something? :) I've gotta get me a writing prompt book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, now that I'm cleaning out my e-mail inbox, I'm finding all these little things I never responded to!

    Emii, so far I'm thinking them up myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. when will you release the next writing prompt Stephanie? =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I post them every other Monday, Jazmine. So the next one will be Valentine's Day. And, yes, I'm probably gonna go with something gushy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay awesome! thank you =)

    I missed out on this one because I was busy last week doing stuff for a youth group retreat...

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Ugh, now that I'm cleaning out my e-mail inbox, I'm finding all these little things I never responded to!"

    Well, now that I'm googling my name, I'm reading response's I never read:P Oh, it's quite sad, isn't it?:D

    ReplyDelete

Disagreement is welcome but rudeness is not. We ask that you please be considerate of each other. If we find your comment mean-spirited or inconsiderate, we reserve the right to remove it from our website.