Thursday, December 1, 2011

Go Teen Writers News Day

If you have news you'd like to share with our community - finishing your first draft, placing in a contest, getting an article published - please email me at Stephanie(at)GoTeenWriters.com, and I'll post it for you. Write "Go Teen Writers News Day" in the subject line, and make sure to include your name as you would like it to appear. If you would like me to link to your blog, please provide the address for me. I'm also happy to include a picture, your age, and city/state if you'd like.

Kicking off our News Day tradition is Roseanna M. White, who not only judges frequently for Go Teen Writers contests, but also helped shape Go Teen Writers, and who contributes regularly both on and off stage. Roseanna has several biblical fiction books out with a small press, but Love Finds You in Annapolis, Maryland is her first BIG release, and it officially hits shelves today. (Though reportedly yesterday you could already buy it at Walmart!)





In 1784 peace has been declared, but war still rages in the heart of Lark Benton. Never did Lark think she’d want to escape Emerson Fielding, the man she’s loved all her life, but then he betrays her with her cousin. She flees to Annapolis, Maryland, the country’s capital, and throws herself into a new circle of friends who force her to examine all she believes. Emerson follows, determined to reclaim his bride.

Surprised when she refuses to return with him, he realizes that in this new country he has come to call his own, duty is no longer enough. He must learn to open his heart and soul to something greater…before he loses all he should have been fighting to hold.

The first line: Perhaps if Lark recited the pirate's code it would steal his attention.

Congratulations on your new release, Roseanna!

If you would like to be included in our next news day, shoot me an email, and I'll get you scheduled!

13 comments:

  1. Excuse me for a moment:

    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Okay, got that out of my system. For now. ;-) Happy day around here!!! I'm celebrating by organizing the much-neglected basement rec-room, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool idea, Stephanie! I'll keep ya in mind when I have big news! :-)

    And, CONGRATULATIONS, Roseanna!!! How totally and completely exciting!!!!!!! I bet your flying on cloud 9 today! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally glamorous, right? I felt big-time author while I was scooping up miscellaneous trash that had accumulated under the shelf I'm getting rid of. ;-)

    Thanks, Katie!! Very exciting indeed. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Mrs. White!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!! This sounds Great!

    Alyson

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Mrs. White!!!!!!! I can't wait until I've finished my 3rd first draft (of the same book). :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! And, gotta say, I love that cover art :) And what Stephanie gave us (I am guessing it was a summery like on the back of a book cover) sounded really exciting and good :) Sierra
    Keep Growing Beautiful ♥ (Cause You Are!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, congrats. Sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations, Roseanna!!!

    The story sounds fantastic - I love any book where the characters experience intense emotional turmoil...that sounds horrible, but it's true. ;-) I've never read anything from the that series before, and this will be the *perfect* one to start with. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations, Roseanna! I've been waiting for this book for several months and I'm soooo excited to read it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woot, congrats, Roseanna! We've been a bit busy lately what with a holiday to new Zealand and moving and haven't't got our Internet sorted out so I'm having to do this on an iPhone -- time consuming as-- but anyway, the book looks awesome and I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete

Home