Thursday, December 8, 2011

Teen Author Rachel Coker

I am super excited that tomorrow Rachel Coker will be here for an interview!

Rachel Coker is the author if Interrupted, which releases from Zonderkidz this spring. And she's 16.

I am way excited about having her on here. So excited that it's possible I kinda scared her with my enthusiasm when I emailed her. But fortunately Rachel is made of tough stuff. Tough, faith-filled stuff.

Make sure you're here tomorrow to hear about her journey to publication. For now, you can enjoy her book trailer and a description of Interrupted.






Can love really heal all things? If Sam Carroll hadn't shown up, she might have been able to get to her mother in time. Instead, Allie Everly finds herself at a funeral, mourning the loss of her beloved mother. She is dealt another blow when, a few hours later, she is sent from Tennessee to Maine to become the daughter of Miss Beatrice Lovell, a prim woman with a faith Allie cannot accept. Poetry and letters written to her mother become the only things keeping Allie's heart from hardening completely. But then Sam arrives for the summer, and with him comes many confusing emotions, both toward him and the people around her. As World War II looms, Allie will be forced to decide whether hanging on to the past is worth losing her chance to be loved.



Rachel Coker resides in Virginia with her parents and two sisters. She has a passion for great books, and has been surrounded by them all her life. Her gift for writing became apparent at the age of eleven, at which time her parents signed her up for a year of lessons with a professional writing coach. Rachel also has a deep love for classical music and old black-and-white movies. When she is not writing or playing the piano, Rachel enjoys spending time with her family and friends and serving her Lord and Savior.




10 comments:

  1. Looks great. I love the trailer. I would so buy this book!!
    Alyson

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, Stephanie, you're so funny. :) Enthusiasm is scary only rarely. :)

    What a beautiful description! That's amazing, Rachel! Congratulations on this lovely looking book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! It sounds great :) Cannot wait to hear from her tomorrow! And yeah...I likes the cover lots :P Sierra
    Keep Growing Beautiful♥ (Cause You Are!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, pish posh--you didn't scare me at all! It was an encouragement to find someone else so excited about my book. :) Looking forward to reading the whole interview tomorrow. Thanks again, Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, good, Rachel! I was telling my husband about our conversation, and how talking to you was so exciting for me, that it felt like talking to my high school published writer character. I could just see it in his eyes, that he was like, "Please tell me you did NOT say that to her."

    Which, of course, I had. So...

    Glad my enthusiasm came through as encouragement (which I intended) and not, "How do I file for a restraining order?" :)

    Looking forward to tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha. I just wish I could 'like' blog comments, 'cause your last one was so funny, Stephanie!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. GASP! The trailer is amazing! :D

    ReplyDelete

Home