Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Contest Update

WOW. The contest closed last night with NINETY entries. That's nine-zero. 90. Ninety entries. I'm blown away.

As you might expect, 90 entries takes some time to filter through, even for the speediest of judges. It might be a couple days before the top 20 are announced.

Tomorrow teen writer Kate Coursey is going to be on the blog talking about her internship with Scholastic. I connected with Kate through the Go Teen Writers Facebook group, and she has a lot of wisdom to share from her time in New York. You won't want to miss it!

9 comments:

  1. Hope everyone does well! (I forgot to turn mine in last night.
    :( )

    Good luck!

    Can't wait to read about the scholastic intern! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow....that is a lot...Let get it to 100!!!!!!! :P Thanks so much to the amazing judges!!!!!!! Sierra
    Keep Growing Beautiful♥ (Cause You Are!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that's amazing. I can imagine sorting through all that will take a while! Thanks to the judges for their willingness to take the time to do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowzakajowza! "That's what I'M talking about!" (to quote a lovable villain)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that is so cool. I took a big risk. I hope it payed off. I did it in less than a week because I went to snow camp with my youth group. It was fun, but when I'm trying something totally out of my comfort zone, I wish I had had the whole time amount.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks judges! That's a lot to sort through! I doubt mine will make it into the top 20, but you never know! Can't wait for them to be posted! All the critiques help! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is amazing. Thank you SO much to the judges who are incredible enough to do this for us!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's great! I hope I make the cut...

    ReplyDelete

Disagreement is welcome. Rudeness is not. Please be considerate of each other!