Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Announcing new members of the Go Teen Writers team

There are a couple changes to Go Teen Writers that I'm super excited to announce! Two new people are joining the GTW team - Jill Williamson and Roseanna White.



Jill Williamson not only teaches writing, she writes wonderful YA books (I'm in the middle of Replication right now, and it's excellent). Starting in April she'll be blogging here regularly. I'm excited partially because I know I'm going to learn a ton.

The reason we're waiting until April is Jill is setting out on a 4 city book tour, which is incredibly awesome. If you live by Austin, Atlanta, Jacksonville, or Nashville, be sure to check out the details.

Jill is a reader of everything, but a writer of fantasy and sci-fi. While she'll be talking about all kinds of writing stuff, she'll also be able to answer questions you have pertaining to those genres. If you have questions you'd like to see her answer, click here to contact her, and just be sure to specify you're from Go Teen Writers.

The other new member of the Go Teen Writers team is Roseanna White, a lady of many hats. While she does write wonderful historicals, she's also the acquisitions editor for a small press, WhiteFire who publishes authors like Dina Sleiman, Sandi Rog, and Christine Lindsay. Do you have questions you'd like to ask an editor? Do you wonder what makes a manuscript sparkle? What makes it stand out? Or do you wonder what editors look for in pitches, what the acquisitions process is like, or how to make a good impression? You can ask Roseanna your questions, and she'll answer them for you.

And Rachel Coker will continue to post monthly here on Go Teen Writers, giving us insights from her unique vantage point as a published teenager. If you have questions for Rachel, you can email her at REC804(at)hotmail.com

With a line up like that, I'm not exactly sure why you would have writing questions for me, but if you do you can always reach me here.

Tomorrow I'll be talking about the balance of dialogue and prose, and later this week I should be able to announce the winner's of the 100-word free write contest.

Enjoy your Tuesday! 

18 comments:

  1. Awesome, I LOVED replication! And I mostly write fantasy, so it'll be neat to have a scifi and fantasy writer here. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't edit my post, annoying. :/ Anyway, I forgot to mention Roseanna, I haven't read anything by her, but I'm sure she has a lot to teach us. :)

      I'm sure we're going to learn a lot more by having three people here regularly. :D

      Delete
  2. I ordered Rachel Coker's "interrupted" and it can not come any SLOWER. I just want the book to get here already. I can't wait to read it.
    Alyson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it came in the mail like 15 minute ago. I am SOOOOOOOOOOO happy....but I have to read the Iliad for school first : (

      Delete
    2. Alyson, that's hilarious! Glad it arrived. You'll really enjoy it!

      Delete
  3. *jumps up and down* I CAN'T WAIT! I'm a fan of both of them! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is totally a dream team line up here. I can't believe how incredibly blessed I am to have a community of writers both published and unpublished to learn from and draw inspiration from. Huge thanks to Roseanna, Jill, Rachel, and Stephanie, for helping me become the best writer I can be. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clarebear, you're such a sweetie. It's our pleasure :)

      Delete
  5. It'll be great to take some of the heavy load off of your shoulders, Stephanie. And don't worry, we'll still have plenty of questions for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, Faye, thanks :) I'm really excited about their contributions.

      Delete
  6. I'm excited to be a part of Stephanie's awesome blog and to talk with all of you about writing. :-)

    And I got Rachel's book in the mail yesterday. It's beautiful. I'm SOOOO happy for her. I'm saving it to read on my upcoming vacation. Hee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is super exciting!! I have not read anything by any of these authors yet, but I have been searching for some of them at the library. I will keep looking!

    But, I do follow Roseanna White's blog. I look forward to her posts as much as I look forward to reading the latest Go Teen Writers posts. Thank you Mrs. Morrill, for all of the hard work you have put into this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is exciting! What a fabulous line-up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an awesome team! I've just started following Rachel's own blog, and I'm looking forward to reading her guest posts as well - hearing the perspective of a published teen will be really great. :)

    I'm looking forward to all of the great information that I'm sure is on its way! :D

    ReplyDelete

Home