Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Finalists from the Great First Lines Contest

Here's the list of those who made the top 40-something. (The original plan was 41, but it was an impossible task for our judges to narrow it down so we let a few extra slip through.)

This list is in alpha order. Some names are listed twice because some writers had multiple sentences  final:

Alexandra M.
Allison E
Allison Young
Alyson Schroll
Amanda Fischer
Anna Schaeffer
Anna Schaeffer
Bailey B.
Britt M
Cait D
Caroline Niesen
Cassia S
Cecelia Grove
Deborah Rocheleau
Elizabeth Ryan
Ely Gyrate
Ely Gyrate
Giselle
Jane B.
Jane B.
Jazmin Frank
Jessica Staricka
Jessica Staricka
Jill H.
Kaitlyn Johnson
Katie Troyer
Kristian Beverly
Leah E Good
Leanna L.
Lily Jenness
Lindsey Bradford
Lydia H. D.
Lydia H. D.
Madeline H
Margaret Paquette
Maya V.
Meaghan Ward
Monica B.
Nay G.
Nik Theorin
Rachelle Rea
Rachelle Rea
Rebecca P
Riley D.
Sarah Faulkner
Sarah J.
Sky W.

The judges are still determining the winners. That announcement should come on Monday the 21st!

Meanwhile, I'll be working on emailing everyone's feedback. Thanks so much for your patience!

19 comments:

  1. Congrats to everyone that made this list already! Will be patiently waiting for the feedback, it was a great contest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats everyone! I am sure it was a hard round for the judges : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Faints and shrieks* WOWWWWW!!! So excited! Congrats everyone! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh my goodness!! Thanks so much and congrats everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. From Amo Libros:
    Well done everyone!! Can't wait to see what everyone came up with!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. o.O Wow! And congrats to everyone! It'll be really good to see the judges comments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eeeekkkk!!! Thank you so much!!! Congratulations everyone!!! :D So excited!!! :) Fantastic contest, by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Will we get to see the winners' entries?

    ~Robyn Hoode

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations to all the finalists! I just found this blog recently and I LOVE it. Oh, and I was wondering, when will the next contest be? Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations to everyone who placed! Looking forward to seeing the winning entries.

    Also, Stephanie, if we placed for one sentence do we get the feedback for the other too now or with the third sentence?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats everyone! I can't wait to see the winning sentences!

    ReplyDelete
  12. YAH! I can't believe I'm a finalist. Congrats to everyone else too :) How can I know which line was chosen though? And will feedback still be coming cause I haven't gotten it yet if it's supposed to be out...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we'll just wait and see...LOL, earlier my brother was asking me, "Well, which lines did you submit?" and I was like, "Um...I don't remember :P"

      Delete
  13. Oh my goodness. So excited. Thank you so much!

    Will we find out which sentence of ours finalled? My family and friends have been asking which sentence of mine made it, and I must confess I'm curious as well!

    Can't wait to find out the winners, and congratulations to the other finalists as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm working on the emails but there are a lot :) Yes, if you entered multiple, you'll see which one finalled.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Awesome. Looking forward to getting the feedback.

    ReplyDelete

Disagreement is welcome. Rudeness is not. Please be considerate of each other!