Stephanie writes young adult contemporary novels and is the creator of GoTeenWriters.com. Her novels include The Reinvention of Skylar Hoyt series (Revell) and the Ellie Sweet books (Playlist). You can connect with her on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and check out samples of her work on her author website.
We thought it'd be fun to start 2014 with a classic, 100 word Go Teen Writers contest!
Your prompt sentence is: Every word he spoke was a lie.
Here's how the game is played:
1. The prompt sentence must be the first sentence of your paragraph. It cannot be altered. You cannot insert words or change the punctuation.
2. Your paragraph must be NO MORE THAN 107 words (the prompt sentence + 100 words.) That means your entry can be 105 words or 99 words or 87 words, but not 108 or more.
3. Your paragraph should read like the opening of a story, which means it should do the same things you want the first paragraph of a novel to do.
4. You must be 21 or younger to enter. One entry per person.
5. Your paragraph must be turned in by Friday , January 10th. That's THIS Friday.
Entries are judged using this form.
Finalists will be announced the following week, and then the three winners will be announced several days after that. Those in the top three will receive Go Teen Writers rewards points as their prize.
You enter by using the below form. Important: Entries are anonymous. The judge will not see names on any of the entries they read. We only use your name and email address to return your feedback to you and, if you final, to list your name on the website.