If you've had the pleasure of hanging out with Jill for any amount of time, you know that she has a servant's heart. That it's very hard for her to say no to people because helping others is the way she expresses love. She's quick to encourage others, she never builds herself up, and she gives freely from what she has.
And since she didn't build a "love on Jill Williamson day" into the schedule, clearly one needed to happen.
1. Visit Jill's awesome website. When you're there, a window will come up asking if you want to sign up fro Jill's newsletter, but if it doesn't, you can sign up here. Jill's newsletter is great, plus you get a free story. Score!
2. Visit Jill's Amazon Author page and click "follow" right beneath her lovely author photo. If you've read her books but haven't reviewed them, that's an awesome way to help out an author. If you're like me and you dread writing book reviews, give yourself permission to write something short and sweet. Or just take the time to mark some of the positive reviews as "helpful" so that they get sent up to the top.
3. Head over to Jill's Goodreads page and add her books to your to-read list, if you haven't already. You can also become a fan of hers (it's right under her author photograph) and post reviews of her books. And there's no shame in just copy/pasting the same review you wrote for Amazon or Barnes and Noble.
4. Love on Jill via social media. You can "like" her on Facebook, follow her on Twitter, and follow her on Pinterest.
5. Want some other ideas? Request that your library carry Jill's books. Recommend her to a friend who like speculative fiction. Support her Kickstarter campaign for Robotales. You can also leave her an encouraging message in the comments below or send her an email.
I happen to have an extra copy of Captives sitting on my shelf. In the comments section, when you leave your kind words for Jill, you'll be automatically entered to win Captives. (For U.S. residents only due to the unfortunate fact that international shipping is quite expensive.) If you already have the book, be thinking about who else in your life will love it!