Today's giveaway: Go Teen Writers: How to Turn Your First Draft Into a Published Book ebook.
Get entered below!
Stephanie writes young adult contemporary novels and is the creator of GoTeenWriters.com. Her novels include The Reinvention of Skylar Hoyt series (Revell) and the Ellie Sweet books (Birch House Press). You can connect with her on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and check out samples of her work on her author website including the free novella, Throwing Stones.
Back in June, many of us committed to certain writing goals for the summer. Here are some examples of the goals people sent me:
- I want to spend 50 hours editing my fantasy novel.
- I want to finish my second draft.
- I want to write 2,000 words a week.
- I want to finish my first draft.
- I want to send query letters to agents.
While our summer writing challenge runs through Monday, September 7 (the unofficial last day of summer in the U.S.), one of our community members, Linea, suggested having an end of season celebration of sorts where we can all be working toward our goals and know that other writers around the world are too. Kind of like the word wars we've hosted before. I thought that sounded super fun!
So here's how this will work:
1. You pick what you want to accomplish between now and next Monday. 5,000 words written? 3 college essays? 4 chapters edited? It's totally up to you!
2. Leave a comment sharing with us what you hope to get done. And then periodically check back in and tell us what kind of progress you're making.
That's it! I'll be giving away ebooks daily, so be sure to check back the next day to see if you won!
What are your writing goals for the "Get it done" weekend?