We're so excited to announce the finalists for the Pitch Us Your Story contest!
As a reminder, these pitches had to be 25 words or less. There were many that we liked, but Jill and I finally narrowed it down to these favorites: (These are listed in no particular order)
1. A home-schooled teen thinks she has her life figured out, until disaster strikes, and she has to survive in the real world of high school.
2. A young herbalist is flung into a world of deceit and mystery when she inherits an insolvent estate that someone doesn’t want her to have.
3. A futuristic prosthetics experiment saved the lives of two rival teenagers, but now they must join forces to escape the next chilling step.
4. Two best friends survive a hurricane that devastates the east coast. Alone and desperate, they journey cross-country seeking normalcy, safety, and a new life.
5. Two teens become mutants in a world that will condemn them for their animal instincts unless they can prove they’re human inside.
6. Briar unintentionally journeys to an altered past and views Abraham Lincoln murdered before Gettysburg; those assassins from the future then chase down the witness: her.
7. Lenora Hood, daughter of Robin Hood, had three successful years thieving. Stealing the prince’s fortune should have been easy, but then she fell in love.
8. When Trenton awakens centuries in the future on an artificial planet, he’s imprisoned. For “murdering” plants. And the government’s respect-all-life policy doesn’t apply to people.
9. A young woman who rides the Underground Railroad to escape an unwanted marriage only adds to her problems when she befriends her “fiancé’s” escaped slave.
10. In medieval France, a timid monk races to hide the bishop's illegitimate daughter before the bishop disposes of her, the only evidence of his sins.
11. It’s a mass kidnapping with seven intended victims, but when it happens, eight people are taken. Trent is the eighth and he has no ransom.
12. Harvey was just an Aryan Nazi before he fell for a Jew; Elsie. There’s one problem – He's supposed to turn her family into the gestapo.
13. A teen boy caught between the world of gangs and a life of faith. When the girl he loves disappears, he'll have to choose sides.
14. Killing is a game to the Underground, but assassin five-one-nine is a pawn determined to escape, to protect the city aboveground, to change the game.
15. None fears the emperor more than his own niece—yet when a silent elder faces death for rebellion, she must choose between interference and life.
16. When 17-year-old school pariah Stephanie is befriended by the boy she used to bully, she never suspects he’s her half-brother.
17. A regretful high school senior attempts to right a wrong she made by befriending the school outcast, with a little help from her guardian angel.
18. Tasked with killing herself, a prodigious hunter must hide her condemning new status while stalling her hunt of herself or be killed by her brethren.
19. When a villain realizes he is a stereotyped bad guy, he sets out with a clichéd superhero to defeat their true enemy. The author.
20. Mistral’s an experiment in an experiment lab that’s trying to make a Bioweapon. The newest problem to add to her list? Bioweapon just got out.
21. In the future children are controlled by remotes for their whole childhood. Julius, sets out to destroy the Dictator and find the truth about life.
23. Four writers. Four novels. One premise. They have six months and a prize to dream of: representation from a prominent literary agent. Who will win?
24. Fleeing an unwanted marriage, Eden Trenton stows away aboard a pirate ship. Terrified, yet determined, she sets sail with a notorious captain into the unknown.
25. In a country where twins are outcasts, identical princesses masquerade as one girl - Rylie, heir to the throne. A secret not even their father knows.
If you recognize yours, please send me an email and tell me which one is yours and what the title is so I can verify that you are indeed the author.
Now you get to vote for your 5 favorites! Voting closes Thursday at 12:00pm CDT and winners will be announced on Friday.